CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Easy As Pie Baby!


I know. Genius, right. Perfectly-portioned, tiny pies … and on lollipop sticks, too. I can’t take the credit for this idea, although I would love to. The site Luxirare is responsible for this attack of cuteness. A friend of Babe's Bowtique sent the link to me last week and, the moment I saw them, I knew I would have to try them out. I just love to make things like this that are easy and say “Hi’ I’m the cutest thing on earth… now eat me.” I originally thought I would make some during the holidays and give them away as gifts, but they have been invading my thoughts all week. So today they had to be made in an attempt to purge them from my mind. They really are easy. And if you have a little one around, you don’t even have to lift a finger. They can do all the work and tell you how to make them, too.

Start with a homemade pie crust you roll out 1/8 inch or a pre made pie crust you roll out. Lay the crust out and Sprinkle a pinch of flour onto the dough. Now we flop it onto the other side and do the cookie cutters.(you can use round, Hearts and so forth for cookie cutters)Dusting with a little bit of flour on both sides will make the dough easier to work with and move around. Now we do the first cookie cutter, try to keep them close with out touching. If you’re careful you can get enough for 8-9 pie pops from a 9-inch pie crust. Time to get off the scraps. You can save the dough scraps. Roll flat and re-use. Now it’s time for pressing down the lollipop sticks about half way on the pie crust cut out. Now, it get filling. Put it right in the center or it will squeeze out way too much. Ummm…almost there, don’t put too much filling or it will squeeze out because you got to press down the sides or it won’t bake very good in the oven. It’s time for sealing it. What you do is,Lay a crust cut out over the filling. Then you break a lollipop stick into a small piece and you press it down all around it. (But not too hard.)Using a short piece of lollipop stick helps you not to mess up the neighboring pie pops when you seal the two pieces of dough together. Now you take a baking brush and you crack an egg. Don’t put the egg yolk in. Put the egg whites in a little bowl. Get the brush and put some of the egg whites on it. Now brush it onto the front of the dough. The pops baked in the oven on 375 for about 12-15 minutes or until the tops started to brown. Remove, cool and enjoy!Feel free to post pics of you and your little ones Making a baketastic time!

2 comments:

The Silent Screamer

this is too cute...summer pies coming up!

Cupcake

Super fun to let the kids help out!

Post a Comment